Pages

Monday, July 09, 2012

Motivate.


Today the on screen sentences are disappearing faster than they are appearing as I cull last night’s ‘genius’ short story beginning from a stark looking word document. I must have dreamt that I had passed the 1,000 word mark…and dreamt that the words linked to make any sense, made any form, were tied to a central theme. It is 10am. My cup of tea is cold.

I flick back through an accumulation of post it notes scribbled on during breaks in slumber. Depressingly, they too seem to be disjointed, but I add them to the increasing glaring desktop document titled ‘WRITING INSPIRATION’. ‘Star anise’ is added along with ‘truss’ ‘viscid’ ‘mettle’ and ‘birr’. I add a reminder note to ‘make every sentence clear’ and ‘not get caught up in complicated description’. And then I begin to procrastinate.

There is a program that allows you to ban yourself from social media for a period of time. I should really Google that, find out the program I need to install, but not today. I scroll down the Facebook News Feed, clicking on high school ‘friends’ with fresh offspring, travel plans and Monday vices. Already bored of it, I am ALT TABing from Flikr to Tumblr, Pinterest to LinkedIn, Bloglovin to Gmail. I have to get out of the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment