Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

found myself here. muse&skip.



i am lady at that quarter-life-hollow-me-out-soul-seeking-searching-cross-roads. though aware that i am not a lone soul who has these forever feelings of restlessness. i am not comforted by the fact that anyone else is. i work at a job that pays the bills. i all day consider. consider my next path of action toward my dreaming. then spend all afternoon in flux procrastination.

i am noticing with increasingly regularity the lines on my neck. the furrows between my eyes. and the crows feet fighting through. however imaginary; i have googled botox. have thought about saving for future facelifts. have moved from the ‘youth’ cosmetic department. have tentatively enquired on wrinkle prevention. and maintaining a ‘youthful suppleness’. “it’s for my mum”. where once everything was fitted and streamline. i am noticing a cardigan and chino trend slowly infiltrating and swallowing all clothed brightness with blacks, navy and creams.

my university degree[s] and hecs debt that taunts reflect none of what i ever hope to be or achieve. i often wonder whether any of what i pained over at uni will ever have any real world relevance for me or whether i was just a hoop-jumping lamb like the rest. baaaaaaaaaaaa.

i am in love. a bearded man made me wife. he continues to quietly sneak and steal into my thoughts while i [shallowly] fight to have them back. i love this love but i graffiti my own white picket fence with predictable confusion and unbaited restlessness. he buys me unwavering sanity through kisses and tightening of hinges.

i live for nephew giggles. sister cups of tea. brotherly enthusiasm. sales. wine. beer. alcohol. travel. mid-week soirees and stealing paid weekends away. as well as the usual; music, daisies, sunshine, festivals, summer. and puppy dog tails.

i am trying to figure out me and what to be before regret. this is part of that. and this. i can’t tell you where it will take me. or you. x

3 comments:

  1. Found this blog through your post on the Parklife site, just wanted to say that you're truly talented with words. This text is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Tried checking out your blog but have severe language barriers. Facebook page? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an incredibly beautiful way with words. Wow. I have subscribed to your blog and get them sent to my work email feed. Just made myself a cuppa and a Scotch Arnott Biscuit for the journey. I feel everything you explained above. I spend too long staring at the creases under my eyes - 30 next year.wow, its both exciting and terrifying.. I spend ALL day dreaming about the things that really make me happy and am starting to realise more than ever that my day job is killing me slowly. I want more.
    I think you have found your calling.. words. PLEASE do something with it. Write a book. Continue with your blogging. You are wonderful x
    Fee

    ReplyDelete