Pages

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Sprung.




Every year when September Spring rolls in I get flowery-eyed excited in anticipation of longer days and extended vino evenings. I pack half my scarves away, resign the wool and stock up on self-tanning moisturiser in glee. An abundance of tank tops are purchased and I muse too long over sandal wear. Not again. I won’t be sucked in by the random days of golden kindness so easily come 2012. I have learnt.

Spring is a teasing summer trick. It gets all over your skin with warmth one day but will happily rain all over your parade the next. Yes the days are longer and warmer than winter, but why must spring insist on the wind and rain? And why must my obsession with buying primitively disastrous umbrellas that backflip outwards- inwards continue unabated?!

Dear Spring,
If it wasn’t for your ‘daisies pied, and violets blue’, I would pay no notice to you.
 xmuse & skipx



3 comments:

  1. love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they lovely snaps? Hover over the image to see the original source. Talented folk x

    ReplyDelete