Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Raise You a Falls.

So the Coachella line up for 2012 has been announced. And we are all (aren’t YOU?!) looking at our post-Christmas credit card debts considering just how we could possibly scrape enough goodness together to get to this epic Californian event. The line up, as typical, is just pure awesomeness. The Black Keys. The Rapture. Bon Iver. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog. The Hives. M. Ward. The Horrors. Cat Power. Justice. etc. etc. My ears are crying for you.

With tickets booked to attend Foster the People, Laneway, Bon Iver and Florence and the Machine, I feel my ears will be given ample sound-bandages in this Sydney year. But one never regrets adding debt, acquiring bruises, losing post-days and needing detox therapy after attending festivals. I certainly regret not making the annual southern pilgrimage to Falls Festival Marion Bay to see in the 2012 New Year. And have been visually kicking myself accordingly.

Though a rather bias born and bred Apple Isle lass myself, I can attest that non-Taswiegans also frequently detail their admiration of not only the acts that Falls secures for serious reunion-styled boot boogies and sway, but also the idyllic Southeast location. I am yet to see the likes of Kate Moss at this one...but I am sure that if The Kills ever commit to play, the Lady will have style enough to skip Lorne for its beautiful isle counterpart. Until then there are plenty of modelled cheeks and pouts to stalk between sets at Marion [it's the air down there].

With claims of 'best Falls everrrrrrrrrr' not appeasing my back to work angst, I further tortured myself reliving familiar festival kindness by way of Facebook album uploads. An Architect Photographed My Undies politely packed her ‘darling’ lens; not only capturing the liveliness of onstage musical decency but an even mix of model festival faces and sweaty-fresh grommies enjoying every inch of the fever. Her images scream energy, lusty awakenings and inherent highs. There is no pretence in her snared charm, with these crispy visual metaphors too good to be make-believe. It is just simply the Falls. Raw. [treat your pupils below].

Coachella: I will once again have to Google-stalk your goodness once the gumboot throngs have longed been ushered away in a festival haze. But Falls, Marion Bay, we will meet again this year for sure for sure.














                           



1 comment: