Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Duckface. Quack.

A quick peruse of my own facebook photos and I have confirmed (I had suspicions) that I am totally guilty of the occasional 'pout and pose'. In my defense, most of these 'lip-shaped-provocatively' occasions are fuelled by one too many champagnes and loved-up 'I just gosh darn' miss you-s causing me to grab those missed and record the moment 'forever'.


Using our iPhones.


But aren't everyone's?! Is this really a defence? Does anyone really care? Despite my own admission, I must say I do *cringe* at albums rifely guilty of the pout, most of all the individual iPhone mirror pout. Although I quickly dismiss and click away, none offended or traumatised, I have often wondered: why?

Turns out people are quite passionate about their stance on the pout, or 'duckface' [*], with websites emphatically asserting their for or against these common photographic happenings. I must say that I am so pleased that they have, and I wish to extend a 'thank you' to both sides of this pouty debate for taking the time in posting this hilarity and getting me through my mid-week glum. Do yourself a favour and have a good honest giggle at AntiDuckface and Duckface Divas. Gold.

xmuseandskipx

[* AntiDuckface clarifies: Duckface: 'You know, the pose where you push your mouth out in that sort of pout/kiss face to make it look like you've got big pouty lips, a super-defined jawline and model-quality cheekbones? It's called 'duckface'. Because, you know, it makes you look like a duck'].


            

No comments:

Post a Comment